- Turkey, 8 to 11 lb.
- 1 bottle of merlot (or any good sweet red wine)
- 3 cups extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of raisins
- ¼ cup of olives
- 3 large carrots, cubed
- 1 large onion, cubed
- 1 pack bacon or pancetta, cubed
- ¼ cup Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsps. dried rosemary
- 8 tbsps. salt.
- Pre heat the oven 350 degree.
- In a large bowl mix the olive oil, wine, raisins, olives, carrots, onions, bacon, seasonings and salt, mixing well. Marinade for 15 minutes.
- Place the turkey in a large roasting pan and with a sharp knife puncture small holes evenly all over the surface of the bird. In each hole place a raisin, an olive, a piece of bacon and piece of onion. Use the rest of the ingredients to stuff the turkey, and pour the remaining liquid from the marinade over the bird. Sprinkle with rosemary
- Place 4 toothpicks on each edge of the turkey, and then cover with aluminum foil. The toothpick will prevent the foil from touching the turkey.
- Bake for 3 hours, uncovering and basting every 25 minutes or so. Then remove the foil and baste, and cook uncovered for another 25 minutes until fully done. Rest for 10 minutes, then serve.
Fine Food Blog
I would love to share with you information on fine food products as well as give you some ideas on how to prepare delicious dishes with them.
- NEW YEAR Obsiblue shrimp tartare with mango and yuzu pearls
- NEW YEAR croque-monsieur with black truffle
- NEW YEAR Caviar carpaccio with Scottish scallops and mango
- CHRISTMAS Bresse capon with morels sauce (non muslim)
- CHRISTMAS Duck breast with foie gras sauce (non muslim)
- CHRISTMAS Easy homemade duck foie gras terrine with black truffle recipe
- CHRISTMAS Dauphine potatoes with truffle
- CHRISTMAS Salmon mille-feuille
- CHRISTMAS Capon with Champagne and Chanterelle mushrooms (non muslim)
- CHRISTMAS Creamy lobster veloute with Jerusalem artichoke and chanterelles