- Turkey, 8 to 11 lb.
- 1 bottle of merlot (or any good sweet red wine)
- 3 cups extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of raisins
- ¼ cup of olives
- 3 large carrots, cubed
- 1 large onion, cubed
- 1 pack bacon or pancetta, cubed
- ¼ cup Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsps. dried rosemary
- 8 tbsps. salt.
- Pre heat the oven 350 degree.
- In a large bowl mix the olive oil, wine, raisins, olives, carrots, onions, bacon, seasonings and salt, mixing well. Marinade for 15 minutes.
- Place the turkey in a large roasting pan and with a sharp knife puncture small holes evenly all over the surface of the bird. In each hole place a raisin, an olive, a piece of bacon and piece of onion. Use the rest of the ingredients to stuff the turkey, and pour the remaining liquid from the marinade over the bird. Sprinkle with rosemary
- Place 4 toothpicks on each edge of the turkey, and then cover with aluminum foil. The toothpick will prevent the foil from touching the turkey.
- Bake for 3 hours, uncovering and basting every 25 minutes or so. Then remove the foil and baste, and cook uncovered for another 25 minutes until fully done. Rest for 10 minutes, then serve.
Fine Food Blog
I would love to share with you information on fine food products as well as give you some ideas on how to prepare delicious dishes with them.
- Cherry clafoutis recipe by Jean-Francois Piege
- Orrechiette with Spinach recipe
- APPETIZER : Cream of green pea soup with fresh mint recipe
- MAIN COURSE : Organic chicken breast fillet with mustard and cream recipe
- DESSERT : Mango-raspberry clafoutis recipe
- Asparagus, yogurt and grapefruit recipe by Mauro Colagreco
- Gariguette strawberry soup with basil by Glenn Viel
- Middle-Eastern recipe to preserve lemons
- Shrimp, ginger and coriander broth by Jean-Francois Piege
- COMFORT FOOD : Orange cake recipe by Jean-Francois Piege