Free delivery for order above AED 250 2 days delivery in Dubai | Every Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday in Abu Dhabi | Once a week in other Emirates | For order placed before 4pm temporary during Covid period
Serves 4 persons
Preparation time : 20 minutes
- 12 cloves garlic
- Maldon salt
- 4 gr baking soda
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 & 1/2 tea spoon of sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley leaves
1. Finely mince 4 garlic cloves and place in large bowl. Smash 4 cloves under the flat side of a knife and place in a large skillet. Thinly slice remaining four garlic cloves and set aside.
2. Add shrimp to bowl with minced garlic. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon Maldon salt, and baking soda. Toss to combine thoroughly and set aside at room temperature.
3. Add shrimp shells to skillet with smashed garlic and add remaining olive oil and pepper flakes. Set over medium-low to low heat and cook, stirring and tossing occasionally, until shells are deep ruby red, garlic is pale golden brown, and oil is intensely aromatic, about 10 minutes. Oil should be gently bubbling the whole time. When ready, strain through a fine mesh strainer into a small bowl, tossing and pressing the shrimp shells to extract as much oil as possible. Discard shells and garlic.
4. Return flavored oil to skillet and heat over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add sliced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until pale golden brown, about 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook, tossing and stirring constantly until shrimp are barely cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add sherry/balsamic vinegar and parsley and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt. Serve immediately.
I would love to share with you information on fine food products as well as give you some ideas on how to prepare delicious dishes with them.