Serves 6 to 8 persons
For the marinade:
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 pinches saffron threads
- 1½ tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 small bone-in shoulders of lamb (about 1kg each), or 1 larger shoulder (2kg)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the decoration:
- juice of 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- ½ cup of toasted slivered almonds
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley (leaves only)
- 3 oranges
- 2 pieces of fennel shopped very thin
- 1 tbsp of toasted slivered almonds
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush the garlic cloves, cumin seeds, sea salt, saffron, paprika, ginger, turmeric and cayenne, then add the butter to make a thick, creamy marinade. Rub the marinade into the lamb and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the lamb from the refrigerator 1/2 hours before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 130˚C. Place lamb shoulders in a roasting tin large enough to fit both and drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil. Add 125ml water.
- Fold the edges of two sheets of foil together to make a tent over the lamb, seal tightly then cook for 2½-3 hours.
- Reduce the heat to 110˚C and cook for 4 hours more (if using a single large shoulder, keep oven at 130˚C for a similar cooking time).
- When the meat is ready, you will be able to tease it from the bone with a fork. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes, opening up the foil a fraction, then shred the meat off the bone.
- Place meat on a platter, or divide among plates, and serve with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil with the slivered almonds and parsley scattered over the top, as well as a really good grind of fresh pepper. Serve with orange and fennel.
Fine Food Blog
I would love to share with you information on fine food products as well as give you some ideas on how to prepare delicious dishes with them.
- Lemon and basil tart recipe
- TAPAS Anchovy toasts with caramelized onions and pimientos recipe
- TAPAS Spanish tuna croquettes recipe
- TAPAS Anchovies on mozzarella toasts recipe
- TAPAS Tomato with mozzarella and anchovy recipe
- TAPAS Guacamole and white tuna belly fillets tapas recipe
- Soft shell crab bao recipe by Alex Stumpf head chef at BB Social Dining DIFC
- EASTER scrambled eggs with avocado cream and roe salmon eggs appetizer recipe
- EASTER slow cooking lamb with Middle Eastern flavors recipe
- EASTER Gariguette strawberry tart recipe