Serves 4 persons
Preparation time : 10 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
- 4 tbsp minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
INGREDIENTS FOR PICANHA
- 1kg picanha / rump cap Argentinian beef
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Maldon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
METHOD FOR CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
1- Combine the ingredients for the chimichurri in a small bowl.
2- Stir to mix.
3- You may wish to taste it and adjust it to your liking.
METHOD FOR COOKING PICANHA
1- If the steak has been refrigerated, bring it out 1 hour before cooking.
2- Lay the rump flat on a cutting board. Using a small shark knife, cut the fat layer without cutting the meat, in a cross-hatch pattern.
3- Massage 1 tbsp salt into the crevices of the cross-hatched fat layer of the steak. Season with freshly ground pepper.
4- If you want to skewer the steak, cut the steak lengthwise, into equal pieces.
5- Roll each steak piece like a jelly-roll and using a metal skewer, secure the steak so it holds together rolled up.
5- Sprinkle the remaining salt over the meat side of the steak.
6- Lay the skewers on the pre-heated grill, turn off the heat except the burner furthest away from the meat.
7- You will cook the steaks with a grill cover closed, for 20 to 25 minutes, turning them them every 5 to 7 minutes to ensure even cooking for a medium rare experience.
Secret tip - Don't miss resting the meat for 5 minutes before serving. This step provides time for the meat to cool slightly and for the muscles fibers to relax resulting in a tender, juicy, flavorful dish.
Fine Food Blog
I would love to share with you information on fine food products as well as give you some ideas on how to prepare delicious dishes with them.
- EASTER scrambled eggs with avocado cream and roe salmon eggs appetizer recipe
- EASTER slow cooking lamb with Middle Eastern flavors recipe
- EASTER Gariguette strawberry tart recipe
- Roasted green asparagus with black olives and parmigiano recipe
- Easy seabass carpaccio recipe by Yannick Alleno
- Grilled picanha with chimichurri sauce
- Roasted duck with spiced clementines
- Lobster with mango and yuzu sauce
- Turbot with Hollandaise sauce and winter truffle puree
- Bresse capon with morels sauce