- 1 x deveined raw whole duck liver of 500g
- 2 teaspoons of blend of spices for foie gras
- 50g of fresh black truffle
- 1 terrine dish
Time preparation : 30 minutes
Cooking time : 50 minutes
Rest time : 4 days
- To defreeze the duck liver lobe, place it in your fridge for one night OR under water during 30 minutes.
- Before starting, take the duck liver out of your refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven at 120°C.
- Generously season both sides of the lobe with the spices blend for foie gras.
- Cut the truffle into sticks of 3 to 4 mm.
- Put half of the lobe of foie gras into the terrine, place all the truffle sticks along the length of the terrine.
- Cover with the rest of the lobe of foie gras.
- Close the terrine with the cover; keep in the fridge for 1 night.
- The next day, remove the terrine from the refrigerator and leave it in room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat water for a water bath at 80 ° C.
- Bake the terrine covered in water bath in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove the terrine from the oven and the water bath.
- Add some weight on top of the terrine (around 1kg) to compress it.
- Keep the terrine in your fridge for 6 hours. Then, remove weight and cover.
- You can keep your terrine in the fridge for 2 to 3 days before serving so that the foie gras develops all its aromas.
Foie gras is very appreciated with a pinch of "Fleur de sel", a little scoop of chutney and a slice of gingerbread.
Happy preparation !
Fine Food Blog
I would love to share with you information on fine food products as well as give you some ideas on how to prepare delicious dishes with them.
- NEW YEAR Obsiblue shrimp tartare with mango and yuzu pearls
- NEW YEAR croque-monsieur with black truffle
- NEW YEAR Caviar carpaccio with Scottish scallops and mango
- CHRISTMAS Bresse capon with morels sauce (non muslim)
- CHRISTMAS Duck breast with foie gras sauce (non muslim)
- CHRISTMAS Easy homemade duck foie gras terrine with black truffle recipe
- CHRISTMAS Dauphine potatoes with truffle
- CHRISTMAS Salmon mille-feuille
- CHRISTMAS Capon with Champagne and Chanterelle mushrooms (non muslim)
- CHRISTMAS Creamy lobster veloute with Jerusalem artichoke and chanterelles