Serves 6 persons
Preparation time : 45 minutes
- 1.25kg whole duck
- 1 tbsp flaky sea salt
- 1 tbsp crushed black peppercorns
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ tsp espelette chili
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 3 tbsp honey
- 200ml clementine juice (from 10-12 clementines if squeezing yourself )
- 4 clementines, peeled and sliced into rounds as per above picture
- 1 tsp roughly chopped coriander
1- Preheat the oven at 190 C. Mix together the salt and pepper and rub it all over the breast and legs of the duck. Roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180 C, bake around 40-50 minutes. Insert a metal skewer into the thickest part of the meat; when the duck is cooked through, some juice should run clear.
2- Meanwhile, make the spiced clementines. In a small saucepan, heat the vegetable oil and add the sliced garlic and chili, frying for 3-4 minutes, until golden. Add the spices, cook for about 30 seconds, then add the honey and clementine juice. Bring to a brisk simmer over a medium-high heat, cooking until reduced by about 2 /3 and you get a light glaze – about 4-6 minutes. Cool slightly, then add the clementine slices and season.
3- Remove the duck from the roasting tin and let it rest for 20 minutes, loosely covered with foil, before carving (any leftover fat can be cooled and stored for roasting potatoes). Just before serving, reheat the spiced clementines, stir in the coriander and serve on the side or spooned over the duck.
Fine Food Blog
I would love to share with you information on fine food products as well as give you some ideas on how to prepare delicious dishes with them.
- Anchovies on mozzarella toasts
- Karkade (hibiscus) granita with pomegranate and rose water recipe
- Tomato with mozzarella and anchovy tapas recipe
- Guacamole and white tuna belly fillets tapas recipe
- Soft shell crab bao recipe by Alex Stumpf head chef at BB Social Dining DIFC
- EASTER scrambled eggs with avocado cream and roe salmon eggs appetizer recipe
- EASTER slow cooking lamb with Middle Eastern flavors recipe
- EASTER Gariguette strawberry tart recipe
- Roasted green asparagus with black olives and parmigiano recipe
- Easy seabass carpaccio recipe by Yannick Alleno