INGREDIENTS FOR 8 PERSONS
- 4 duck breasts
- 250 g duck foie gras terrine
- 250 g of liquid cream
- 2 tablespoon cognac (or Armagnac)
- Salt / pepper from the mill
Time preparation : 30 minutes
- Prepare the foie gras sauce. Remove the excess fat. Cut the foie gras into pieces.
- Place the pieces of foie gras in a saucepan with the liquid cream. Season with a pinch of salt and a few turns of freshly ground pepper. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly with a small whisk, until the foie gras melts completely. If you have a few pieces left, you can mix everything to have a smooth sauce. Be careful not to boil the sauce at risk that it "slices" (that is to say that the fat separates from the rest of the sauce). Reserve the sauce in a simmering bain-marie while you cook the meat.
- Make diamond-shaped cuts on the skin of the breasts. Salt and pepper the skin and rub so that the seasoning infuses into the meat.
- Place the breasts in a panfry (skin side) and cook on low heat until the skin is golden brown (allow about 8 to 10 minutes). Remove the fat as and when.
- Season the other side of the duck breasts, turn them over and cook for 1 minute. Finish cooking in a preheated 190 ° C oven for 4 to 5 minutes. Take the duck breasts out of the oven, wrap them in aluminum foil and let them sit for 15 min.
- When serving, add the cognac to your foie gras sauce, and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Cut your duck breasts in slices (or in 2 in length), put them on the plates, sprinkle with a drizzle of sauce and place the rest of the sauce in a gravy boat (or small individual ramekins) so that everyone can help by oneself. Serve with steamed cooked vegetables (asparagus, green beans or carrots) or new sauteed potatoes.
Fine Food Blog
I would love to share with you information on fine food products as well as give you some ideas on how to prepare delicious dishes with them.
- NEW YEAR Obsiblue shrimp tartare with mango and yuzu pearls
- NEW YEAR croque-monsieur with black truffle
- NEW YEAR Caviar carpaccio with Scottish scallops and mango
- CHRISTMAS Bresse capon with morels sauce (non muslim)
- CHRISTMAS Duck breast with foie gras sauce (non muslim)
- CHRISTMAS Easy homemade duck foie gras terrine with black truffle recipe
- CHRISTMAS Dauphine potatoes with truffle
- CHRISTMAS Salmon mille-feuille
- CHRISTMAS Capon with Champagne and Chanterelle mushrooms (non muslim)
- CHRISTMAS Creamy lobster veloute with Jerusalem artichoke and chanterelles