INGREDIENTS FOR 6 PERSONS
- 1 capon weighing approximately 3kg
- 4 shallots
- 1 bottle of Champagne
- 1 liter of whipping cream Lescure
- 100g poultry stock
- 240g dried chanterelle mushrooms
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- Peel the shallots and finely chop them.
- Remove the breasts and pull the thighs away from the capon. Then, season with salt and pepper.
- CAPON: In a frying pan, heat 100 ml of oil, then brown the pieces of capon on each side and place in a dish to one side.
- In the same pan, add ¾ of the shallots and sweat them, taking care to not let them brown.
- Add the champagne and simmer.
- Then add the cream and bring everything back to the boil.
- Add the poultry stock and once again bring the sauce back to boiling point.
- Check the seasoning before adding the browned pieces of capon. Cover and leave to simmer over a gentle heat for 1 hour, stirring the pan every 15 minutes.
- CHANTERELLES: Place the chanterelle mushrooms in a bowl, covering them with water to hydrate them.
- Strain them in a colander and put to one side. In a saucepan, heat the remaining 50 ml of oil and sweat the last of the shallots.
- Add the strained chanterelle mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until all the cooking juices have entirely evaporated, then add to the pan containing the capon and adjust the seasoning.
- DRESSING: Arrange a piece of capon on each plate and top with the chanterelle mushroom sauce. Add an accompaniment of your choice such as some delicious mashed potato. Serve piping hot.
Fine Food Blog
I would love to share with you information on fine food products as well as give you some ideas on how to prepare delicious dishes with them.
- NEW YEAR Obsiblue shrimp tartare with mango and yuzu pearls
- NEW YEAR croque-monsieur with black truffle
- NEW YEAR Caviar carpaccio with Scottish scallops and mango
- CHRISTMAS Bresse capon with morels sauce (non muslim)
- CHRISTMAS Duck breast with foie gras sauce (non muslim)
- CHRISTMAS Easy homemade duck foie gras terrine with black truffle recipe
- CHRISTMAS Dauphine potatoes with truffle
- CHRISTMAS Salmon mille-feuille
- CHRISTMAS Capon with Champagne and Chanterelle mushrooms (non muslim)
- CHRISTMAS Creamy lobster veloute with Jerusalem artichoke and chanterelles