Free delivery for order above AED 250 2 days delivery in Dubai | Every Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday in Abu Dhabi | Once a week in other Emirates | For order placed before 4pm temporary during Covid period
Serves 4 persons
Preparation time : 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp flour
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 shallots peeled and crushed (in the family we prefer shallots than garlic, but garlic is of course suitable)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- squeeze of lemon juice
1. Place the squid on a chopping board and slice into thick rings. Pat the squid dry with kitchen paper. Season the flour with salt and freshly ground black pepper and sprinkle over the squid.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the shallots. Fry for 1-2mins then add the floured squid and fry over a high heat for 3-4mins, stirring all the time, until just golden. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the chorizo sausage to the hot pan and fry for 3-4mins until crisp, return the squid to the pan with the chopped parsley and stir-fry for a further minute. Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Secret tip : Add some finely chopped shallot and 1 deseeded and finely chopped red chilli pepper for extra colour and a spicy flavour.
I would love to share with you information on fine food products as well as give you some ideas on how to prepare delicious dishes with them.