INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PERSONS
- 500g fresh raw scallops
- 4 tbsp of walnut oil
- 1 lime
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple
- Freshly ground Sarawak pepper
- A few sprigs of chives
1. Peel off an orange, remove the thin skin to get the supremes. Peel the orange skin and extract the juice from the other orange.
2. Cut the supreme in half lengthwise. Keep aside.
3. Cut the unpeeled apple into brunoise. Pour a few drops of lemon to prevent the apple from oxidizing.
4. Salt and pepper a dinner plate. Sprinkle with a few drops of lime then sprinkle with a drizzle of walnut oil.
5. Using a sharp knife, cut thin slices of scallops horizontally. The slices should be 2 mm thick.
6. Arrange the scallops slices in a rose shape. Season with salt and pepper then add again a drizzle of walnut oil and a few drops of lime juice and orange juice.
7. Arrange the apple brunoise, orange supremes, lime zest and orange zest nicely on the carpaccio.
8. Finish with a few chopped chives, a dash of freshly ground pepper and a few Timut berries if you have.
9. Serve very chilled.