Serves 6 persons
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 25 minutes
- 600g small red squash potimarron
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 4 puff pastry sheets
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 goat cheese or 1 feta cheese
- 100g black olives
- salt and pepper
1- Heat the oven at 170 C.
2- Spread the butternut squash cubes onto a large rimmed baking sheet, then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
3- Roast the squash until lightly brown and tender, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and roughly mash the squash with a fork. Let cool completely.
4- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 2 puff pastry sheets and flaten them to get 2cm thickness.
5- Using a round biscuit cutter, cut out 9 rounds.
6- Transfer the rounds to the baking sheet.
7- Brush the rounds with the beaten egg. Leaving 1 cm border, add the red squash, then goat cheese and place 2 olive halves on top for the eyes.
8- Roll out the remaining pastry sheets and cut thin stripes with a pizza cutter.
9- Brush the pastry stripes with the beaten egg.
10- Decorate the top of the tarts with the stripes.
11- Place the baking sheet in freezer for about 20 minutes.
12- Bake until the puff pastry is crisp and golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool down and serve.
Fine Food Blog
I would love to share with you information on fine food products as well as give you some ideas on how to prepare delicious dishes with them.
- Roasted duck with spiced clementines
- Lobster with mango and yuzu sauce
- Turbot with Hollandaise sauce and winter truffle puree
- Bresse capon with morels sauce
- Gratinated oysters with Champagne sabayon recipe
- Roasted red squash mini mummy tart with goat cheese
- Poke bowl
- A great French classic : veal blanquette recipe
- Honey baked camembert with Sollies figs and rosemary
- Mirabelle plum tart