For 4 Pommes d'Amour
- 4 apples
- 180g of white sugar
- 30g of glucose syrup
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 pinch of red colorant powder
- 1 knob of butter
1. Carefully clean the apples and remove the stems. Insert a wooden stick in each apple.
2. In a saucepan, mix the sugar, glucose and 5cl of water to obtain a syrup. Once the syrup reach the temperature of 125° C, add the lemon juice. Mix until the syrup start to caramelise (or until it reaches 145° C).
3. Remove the saucepan from heat, and add the red colorant and mix the preparation.
4. Handle the apples by the wooden stick and quickly immerse them one by one into the caramel, in order to cloak the entire surface with caramel. Remove the excess of caramel from the apples, and if it becomes too hard, dont hesitate to cut the caramel with scissors.
5. Place your apples on greaseproof paper lightly buttered and let the apple cool down.