- 200g long grain rice
- 50 cl chicken broth
- 1 good size organic onion
- 1 stalk of organic celery
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large organic green pepper
- 200g chorizo
- 1 small organic green pepper
- 1 organic chicken
- about fifteen raw prawns
- 400g organic tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- a few sprigs of thyme
- 2 tbsp Cajun blend mix
- olive oil
1 - Preparation : Finely chop the onion, celery (previously peeled) and bell pepper.
- chop the garlic cloves and the chilli (remove the seeds well)
- cut the tomatoes into pieces
- cut the chorizo into slices
- cut the chicken into 4 main pieces (breast and legs)
- remove the shells of the prawns
2 - Heat a large frying pan. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and fry your chicken pieces until golden brown. Season with salt during cooking. Remove the chicken and reserve.
3 - In the same pan, pour a nice drizzle of olive oil, then cook your prawns. Cut about 1 minute of cooking per side. Season, then remove. Set aside.
4 - Still in the same pan, pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the Cajun mix, panfry over low heat for 1 minute, then add the onion, celery and bell pepper. As soon as the mixture begins to become translucent, add the chorizo, the garlic and the chopped pepper. Fry everything for 3 to 4 minutes.
5 - Add the rice, panfry for 2 minutes, then add 3/4 of the tomatoes, the thyme, the bay leaf and the chicken broth. Cook over low heat for 25 minutes.
6 - Add the prawns, the chicken pieces, the rest of the tomatoes and continue cooking for another 5 minutes. If there is too much liquid, let it reduce over high heat, if your rice lacks cooking, add a little water. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, add Cajun spices if you wish.
Fine Food Blog
I would love to share with you information on fine food products as well as give you some ideas on how to prepare delicious dishes with them.
- Nectavigne pound cake recipe, a must-try !
- Butternut & girolles/chanterelles fine tart recipe
- Mediterranean croissant recipe
- Mirabelle plum tart recipe
- Organic red onion, thyme and parmigiano reggiano tart recipe
- Raw Scottish salmon with arabica sauce recipe
- Jambalaya chicken, shrimps and chorizo recipe
- Marinated baby mozzarella recipe
- Refreshing peach and burrata salad recipe
- Refreshing Octopus salad recipe